Were you charged with driving while intoxicated in or around Jersey City?
Being arrested and charged with a DWI in New Jersey can be scary. It can mean the loss of a driver’s license, the loss of freedom, and the loss of a job. You may feel that there is no hope and that your future is doomed, but you CAN fight the charges against you. Our DWI attorneys, have successfully helped thousands of clients, and we can help you too. Even with the assistance of our legal team, there are steps that you should take now to protect yourself and help your case:
- Write down a list of everything that you did in the 24 hours prior to your arrest.
- Write down everything that you can remember about the arresting officer's demeanor and behavior during the arrest. Include anything that was said to you and the specific instructions that you were given during any testing.
- Think back and attempt to determine the amount of time that the officer spent observing you prior to the arrest.
- Disclose any medical conditions that you may have with our legal team. In some cases, medical conditions can impact the results of breath, blood and urine tests.
You Can Depend On Evan Levow, An Experienced and Aggressive DWI Trial Attorney
Evan Levow is known throughout the state as a fierce advocate for his clients; he leaves no stone unturned when defending them. Evan does not walk his clients into court to plead them guilty. If that is what you want to do, then do not hire us. Hire us if you want to aggressively and thoroughly fight the charges against you.
Once DWI charges have been filed, the case moves quickly. In fact, in many cases, you will be before a judge within days. This is why it is so important to work with an attorney who has experience handling DWI cases and who is used to appearing before a judge. Mr. Levow knows where to find the evidence needed to challenge the charges against his clients. Evan has a track record of getting penalties reduced and cases dismissed. A few examples of how he challenges a DWI include:
- Contesting the traffic stop.
- Challenging the reason that the arresting officer initiated the arrest.
- Challenging the qualifications of the person who administered the chemical tests to check blood alcohol level.
- Challenging the devices that were used to determine the blood alcohol level.
Contact our law office today so we can get started on your defense!
Why Should You Contact A DWI Attorney After An Arrest?
One of our legal team’s goals is to help clients avoid the most common mistakes made by drivers after a DWI arrest. These common mistakes include:
- Not taking the DWI charges seriously. A DWI can result in the loss of your driver’s license, your freedom, and your job.
- Failing to understand the serious consequences. If found guilty, you could be facing jail time and thousands of dollars in fines.
- Failing to contact an attorney quickly. In addition to the legal process moving quickly, evidence can disappear quickly. The sooner you contact an attorney, the better.
Our attorneys don’t just work to prepare your case for court, they also work to prepare you. Don’t hesitate to call now.
Evan Levow Can Help Even If You’ve Been Charged With A Prior DWI
Everyone makes mistakes, and many of the clients that Mr. Levow has assisted have faced DWI charges in the past. These prior convictions can be counted against you for sentencing purposes in your current case. Through a process called post conviction relief, we can look at past cases to see if anything was done improperly. We have an excellent success rate in getting prior cases dismissed, sometimes multiple years later. If you have a prior DWI / DUI conviction, please ask us about post conviction relief.
If you have been charged with a DWI, the following are the consequences that may be faced:
If this is the first time that you’ve been charged with a DWI, the following may occur:
- License suspension: If your reading was was under 0.10% you may lose your license for up to 3 months. If the reading was over 0.10%, then your license may be suspended for 7 - 12 months.
- Interlock Ignition Device: If your reading was over 0.15%, then an interlock ignition device will need to be installed on your vehicle for 6 - 12 months.
- Fines: You will likely need to pay fines in excess of $6500.
- Jail Time: You may spend up to 30 days in jail.
If found guilty of a second DWI, you will likely face:
- License suspension: Up to 2 years.
- Fines: Another set of fines, likely thousands of dollars.
- Alcohol awareness classes: A total of 48 hours of classes will need to be attended and you will need to pay for those classes.
- Community Service: A total of 180 hours of community service will need to be performed.
- Jail Time: At least 2 days will be spent in jail with the possibility of a full 90 days.
- Interlock Ignition Device: An interlock ignition device will need to be installed for 1 - 3 years.
If found guilty of a third offense, the consequences may include:
- Jail Time: A mandatory 180 days in jail without parole applies.
- Loss of License: Your license will be revoked for 10 years.
- Fines: The heaviest of fines will be issued.
The legal team at Levow DWI Law, P.C. has helped thousands of clients to successfully resolve their cases. Please call us today so we can begin working on your defense as soon as possible.
Local Resources For Jersey City Residents
Our Jersey City DWI Law office serves clients who have been charged with drunk driving in the following locations:
- Jersey City, NJ
- Union City, NJ
- Bayonne, NJ
- Hoboken, NJ
- Newark, NJ
- Elizabeth, NJ
- Hackensack, NJ
- Woodbridge Township, NJ
- Union, NJ
- Edison, NJ
- Clifton, NJ
- Paterson, NJ
Auto Body Shops
Sernio's Auto Body 1307, 896 Communipaw Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07304 (201) 795-1673 East Coast Collision Body Repair 781 Garfield Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07305 (201) 433-7300
Jersey City Municipal Court 365 Summit Ave Jersey City, NJ 07305 (201) 209-6700
Latest Jersey City DWI Updates
By Evan Levow
This news section covers all DWI-related news coming from Jersey City, NJ
June 5th, 2019 - Man Arrested After Driving Wrong Way On NJ Highway
A man has been placed under arrest for drunk driving after police say he was driving the wrong way on Route 280. A dashcam video that was in a tow truck heading in the right direction shows the driver almost hitting the tow truck at 80 miles an hour. The driver of the tow truck called police after the near collision.
April 16th, 2019 - Jersey City Woman Charged With DWI After Crash
A Jersey City resident has been charged with a DWI after an accident around 5th and Jackson. The responding officers reported that one of the drivers smelled of alcohol and may have had an alcoholic beverage in the cup holder of her Jeep. They allege that she failed a field test and then a breath test. She has been charged with a DWI, a DWI in a school zone, driving with an open container, driving the wrong way on a one-way street, reckless driving, and assault by auto. For more information on this check out The Patch.
Our Brand On The Web