Atlantic City DWI Lawyer
If you´ve been arrested for Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) in New Jersey, please consider hiring a qualified defense attorney to help fight the charges against you.
These are serious offenses that can have short-term and long-term repercussions.
Evan M. Levow, an experienced DWI lawyer, provides aggressive defense for clients throughout the Atlantic City area.
DWI / DUI Penalties
Even a first offense can result in harsh penalties. Typically, someone convicted of their first DWI or DUI in New Jersey can expect to:
- Pay a fine of between $250 and $400
- Lose their driver´s license for anywhere from three months to one year
- Attend 12 to 48 hours of alcohol awareness class, at a cost of more than $200
- Pay a $50 Violent Crimes Compensation Board penalty
- Pay $75 for a Safe Neighborhood Fund Assessment
- Have an ignition interlock device installed in their car during the period of suspension and up to one year after license restoration
- Pay a $3,000 surcharge to the State over a three-year period
- Have their insurance company surcharge them separately for more than $1,000 per year for three years
The penalties for repeat offenders are even more severe, involving higher fines, community service, the loss of driving privileges for an increased length of time, and potentially even jail time.
If you´re charged while driving with a suspended license, within 1,000 feet of a school zone, or are under the age of 21, you could also face more severe penalties.
Defenses to DUI / DWI Charges
The most effective defense will depend on the circumstances of your individual case.
If the arresting officer failed to follow the correct procedures during your arrest, or the breath testing or Alcotest machine was not properly maintained, this could be grounds for getting your charge dismissed or reduced.
Contact the knowledgeable Atlantic City attorneys at Levow DWI Law to discuss potential defenses to your charge.
Free Consultation with an Award-Winning Atlantic City DUI Lawyer
In addition to the legal penalties explained above, a conviction can result in higher auto insurance rates, the inconvenience of being without a driver´s license, and loss of employment.
If you´re facing DUI or DWI charges, contact Evan M. Levow as soon as possible to arrange a free consultation.
His extensive knowledge of New Jersey´s laws and procedures ensures that your case will be defended as aggressively and effectively as possible. Call 1-877-735-2288 or fill out our contact form to arrange a complimentary, no-obligation consultation.